Check-in time is 4:00 pm.
If your rental is available prior to 4:00 pm, you will receive a text message. We ask that you be understanding and patient as we ensure the house is cleaned and prepped thoroughly. We will not be able to check you in (or store your chilled groceries or other belongings) until the home has been thoroughly cleaned and inspected. We thank you in advance for your patience as our staff works incredibly hard to prepare your home for vacation stay. Please make sure all travelers are aware of our check-in time and that we have their names if they will check-in earlier than the primary guest.
Your vacation rental may be equipped with a keyless entry lock. These locks operate with a key code unique to your vacation stay. On arrival day, you will be sent a text message or email as soon as your home is ready to occupy. PLEASE MAKE SURE WE HAVE YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER. Unless your home provides unique amenities such as pool passes, pier passes, cargo lifts, etc., you will not have to check in and out at our office.
- Guest codes are 6 digit codes. The code begins working at your scheduled check-in time, and stops working at 10:00 am on your check-out date. PLEASE wait for a text message indicating your house is ready for occupancy. Taking possession of the rental unit prior to completion by housekeeping will stop the housekeeping process and your home may not be cleaned, and you are accepting the home in it's current condition. PLEASE allow housekeeping to complete the cleaning process. Thank you!
- Early check-in guest codes begin with a # and then 6 digits. Early check-in codes begin working at noon on your check-in date and end at 10:00 am on your check-out date. To unlock the door, enter the code and if the code is accepted, a green light will appear and you can turn the thumb bolt to unlock the deadbolt lock.
You can personalize your code, by entering the given guest code, pressing #, and then enter the 6-digit code of your choosing. The new code will work for the duration of your stay.
If the code is not accepted, you will receive a red light. This may happen for several reasons:
- Is it before your scheduled check-in time?
- Did you enter the code too slow? Try re-entering the number a little faster.
- Is it after 10:00 am on your check-out date? Call the office.
- None of the above? Please call the office for help - 910-278-1147
If the house does not have Keyless entry, a packet will be waiting for you at the office including 2 sets of keys, any parking or pool passes (if applicable), and many brochures, menus and coupons for you to use while on your vacation. You will also receive a gift bag with essentials that you might need until you can make it to the store (bottled water, toilet paper, bar of soap, trash bag, etc.). If you can't check in during open office hours (8:30-5:00 pm), give us a call and we will leave your check-in packet in the drop box outside of our front door to pick up at your convenience.
The final step in the check-in process is to relax and enjoy your well deserved and much needed vacation! Take time to enjoy yourself with your friends and family, and enjoy the beauty of the beach! If you need anything, please feel free to call us and we'll do our best to help you with your vacation needs.
Check-out time is before 10:00 am.
Please complete all of the departure responsibilities on the list located at your home (and below), or on the check-in packet, before departing the home and returning any keys to our office. A reasonable clean-up fee, not exceeding $600, may be incurred if the departure responsibilities are not adequately performed.
You may drop off all keys at the office (or in the box located outside the front door) after you leave the home. If your home is equipped with a keyless entry lock, you do not need to check out at the office. Refunds will not be given for early departures. Tenant may be charged up to one additional day rental if the property is not vacated by 10:00 am.
- Remove all sheets and pillowcases from the beds and place in the black linen bag provided for you.
- Place all towels, wash cloths, and Better Beach dish towels in the black linen bag.
- Do NOT place homeowner's personal laundry in the black bag. This includes: mattress pads, pillow covers, bedspreads, quilts, bath and kitchen rugs, etc. The housekeeper will collect these items.
- Wash and put away all dishes.
- Remove and dispose of all food from the refrigerator and cabinets.
- Remove all trash and place in outside receptacles.
- Lock all doors and windows.
Keyless entry: Lock the door from the outside and enter "0". This will notify housekeeping that you have checked out.
Homes with keys: If you can lock the door without a key, you may leave the keys on the kitchen counter. If the door requires a key to lock it, please lock the door and return the keys to the office.
- Return any pool or other passes to the office.
Thank you for your cooperation!